Pokemon R.O.W.E. GBA ROM
- Creator: rioluwott
- Version: v126.96.36.199
- Hack of: Emerald
- Updated: June 7, 2023
Pokemon R.O.W.E. is a Pokemon GBC Rom Hack which is developed by Rioluwott. It is based on Pokemon Emerald and was last updated on June 7, 2023. Here you can find v188.8.131.52 of the Pokemon R.O.W.E. GBA ROM which is absolutely free to download.
Pokémon R.O.W.E. is a challenging and ambitious open-world ROM hack of Pokémon Emerald that features all 898 Pokémon, following Pokémon, Mega Evolutions, Z-Moves, Dynamaxing, a new difficulty mode, and quality-of-life improvements. Players can explore the region in any order they want, and catch and train any Pokémon they want. The game is also more challenging than Pokémon Emerald, with stronger wild Pokémon and trainers.
Overall, Pokémon R.O.W.E. is a well-made and enjoyable ROM hack that is sure to please fans of Pokémon Emerald and ROM hacks in general. It offers a unique and challenging experience that is unlike any other Pokémon game.
Pokémon R.O.W.E. strives to be an open-world version of Pokémon Emerald, featuring quality-of-life improvements and a strong focus on diverse team building to enhance replay value.
- Explore the region in any order you want.
- Gen 8
- Following Pokémon
- Tons of QoL Changes to get your team without having to Breed to get good Ivs/Abilities
- Egg Move Tutor
- Chose between 9 starters or get one randomly.
- 3 Different Game Difficulties – Easy, Normal, and Hard
- Regional Music Options(Chose between Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh Music)
- Randomized Mode
- Double Battle Mode(Every fight is a Double Battle)
- Inverse Mode(Inverted type chart)
- Perfect Ivs Mode(everything has 31 ivs)
- No Evs mode(Nothing has evs)
- Random Party Mode
- Little Cup-like mode
- No need for HMs
- In-Game Wonder Trades
- Nature Mints
- A way to change the Poke Balls of already caught Mons
- Pokémon from all the 8 Gens
- AutoRun Options
- Up to 120 Tms
- Physical/Special Split(This can be removed by an In-game Mode)
- Daily Gym Leader Rematches
- Level scaling based on your number of badges with an evolution system for both trainers and wild Pokémon
- Re-Usable TMs
- Mega Evolutions
- Find rare Pokémon with the DexNav. (by ghoulslash’s)
- Gen 8 Flying Taxis from the beginning. (by surskitty)
- Name Rater, Move Reminder, Move Deleter and Iv checker on all the Pokémon Centers.
- Decapitalized Text. (by Wyrserth and AsparagusEdu)
- Press B to Surf faster. (by ghoulslash)
- Pokémon Clover Soft Level Cap in Hard Mode (by PokémonCrazy)
- Gen 7 Daycare System
- A beautiful and useful Pokedex. (by TheXaman)
- Gen 6 Exp.Share that you can always turn off (by Lunos)
- Fly without the need for the move by having a Pokémon that could learn it in your party (by Buffelsaft)
- Eon Flute
- Added Four Island and Icefall Cave to the game
- Reworked the whole signature move system, now you can see a lot of information for signature moves, in the summary screen signature moves will
- have a blue font and will show the correct power of the move after the modification, it will also show the correct type and some of them even have custom descriptions.
- Signature moves power, accuracy, type and type effectiveness will show in battle.
- Hidden power type effectiveness in battle will be correctly be calculated to show the pokemon hidden power type.
- Move Types for Pokemon with certain abilities will be shown correctly in the summary screen(abilities like pixielite, liquid voice, etc.), their type
- effectiveness will also be calculated correctly in battle.
- Moved some Alolan/Galarian forms to Sevii
- Gave a Signature Move to Meganium – Petal Blizzard, it has a 100% chance to lower the enemy attack.
- Gave a Signature Move to Typhlosion – Eruption, it does a minimal damage of 60 no matter how low you are on HP.
- Typhlosion hidden ability was changed from Adaptability to White Smoke.
- Gave a Signature Move to Feraligatr – Jaw Lock, it has a 30% chance to confuse and becomes a Water-type move.
- Gave a Signature Move to Furret – Coil, now it raises its speed by 1 stage + its normal boost.
- Fixed Furret getting Adaptability in Vanilla mode instead of in the Normal Mode.
- Ampharos family got illuminate as a secondary ability(Mareep has fluffy instead for those who want to use exiolite).
- Run away now boost speed by 1 stage when sent out.
- Delibird hidden ability was changed from Insomnia to Unburden.
- Gave Cranidos and Rampardos a signature move: Headbutt, when used by any of those two its damage goes from 70 to 50 but becomes a rock type priority move.
- Gave Cranidos and Rampardos Rock head as a secondary ability.
- Petal Blizzard is now an Special move that hits both enemy pokemon instead of being a Physical move that also hits your ally.
- Karate chop now has the same effect as brick break.
- Vice Grip now has a 50% chance to lower the target speed and becomes a water type move with 60 power.
- Mega Punch got its accuracy increased from 80 to 100.
- Mega Kick got its accuracy increased from 75 to 85.
- Some minor stat changes were made.
- Other misc changes and fixes that I forgot about.
- Fixed New Game+ not giving you some Key Items at the start and gave them to every existing new game
- Added some event only moves to some Pokemon
- Modified some movesets
- Fixed Ditto and Quick Powder not working upon transforming
- Honey gather will now work similar to Gooey plus its existing effect
- Modified the wild encounters a little
- Modified Striker ability to match its official counterpart Sharpness(20% boost to 50% boost)
- Modified Cacaphony to boost moves by 50% instead of 20%
- Some little fixes and modifications
- Added the Followers up to Seismitoad and fixed wailord follower sprite
- Modified the Battle UI to be able to see more information like if the move is Physical or Special, Move Power, Move Accuracy, Move effectiveness and now it shows the Type Icons instead of text
- (For some of this information you need to press the L Button on the Move Selection Page)
- You can now see the Exp on the Summary Screen
- Some wild encounter modifications(Mainly in the safari zone)
- Fixed New Game+ not giving you some Key Items at the start and gave them to every existing new game + save
- Created some new signature moves for Delibird, Lucario, Galvantula and Slaking/Slakoth
- Present is now a Normal Type version of Pollen Puff
- Some fixes and changes
- Fixed New Game+ not letting you keep your items
- Fixed New Game+ not letting you keep your Achievements
- Fixed Jagged Pass not working with the Dexnav
- Some little balance changes
- Removed Level Scaling from new game+ (It will become a separate mode in the future exclusive for new game+ runs)
- Fixed the Pokedex showing some glitched footprints for gen 6+ mons
- Fixed the level cap not working on hard mode in new game+
- Fixed tailwind only summoning tailwind for 3 turns and nows summons it for 5 turns
- Added exiolite stats for Primeape, Girafarig, Dunsparce and Bisharp, they can also be used with eviolite now(This is the closest thing that you will get to gen 9 mons in this game)
- Removed Gorilla Tactics from Primeape and gave it Possesed as hidden ability(it probably will get a custom ability in the future) and gave it shadow punch
- Added a new Mystery Gift
- Other little changes and fixes
- Added New Game+, this mode lets you keep all your Pokemon(they become level 1), Items, Money and Achievements while starting a new save file. It gives you some bonus items to be able to create a team from scratch easily at
- the start of the game. When you start a new game plus save all the trainers start to scale to your level, you get boosted exp and it becomes a little more difficult each time you start a new game plus save.
- This mode can be unlocked by beating the Pokemon League, the games tells you the number of new game plus save you have started on that save file.
- This mode can not be unlocked if you play on Randomized Party Mode or No Evolution Mode and those modes can’t be enabled while in a new game plus save.
- Fixed the Experience Overflow when you defeated a level 75+ Blissey with 5 Pokemon with lucky boost on your party while holding a Lucky Egg.
- Some more new Balance changes to some hoenn Pokemon
- Added some new abilities for Chimecho, Jirachi and Clefairy family
- Added followers up to Zebstrika and fixed some Followers gen 5 followers floating or looking strange(Also added other followers above Zebstrika can you find them?)
- Fixed Route 113 not working with the Dexnav
- Fixed the Pokedex not showing the correct hidden ability for certain mons
- Added some Gen 8 Moves to the game and fixed some effects
- Clangorous Soul
- No Retreat
- Clanging Scales
- Eerie Spell
- Jaw Lock(Fixed its effect)
- Life Dew(Fixed its effect)
- Jungle Healing(No available Pokemon can learn this)
- Scale Shot
- All the Abilities now have their full names.
- Fixed the Scanner Quest not giving you the achievement.
- Other misc changes and fixes that I forgot about.
- Removed all the Cries in the game to make space for more things(With the exception of the Weather Trio).
- Added an option to use a generic cry for all the Pokémon or to just mute them.
- Added all the Followers starting with Bulbasaur up to Liepard.
- Legendary Encounters should be a little more difficult and pose a little more challenge than before(I made it easier from certain gif I uploaded before).
- Added Munchlax/Snorlax, Bonsly/Sudowoodo and Rotom as Daily static encounters (Removed them as Wild Encounters).
- Added the Captain Stern Event back to the game.
- Added a new Achievement.
- Added the Exp Charm and the Catching Charm to the game.
- Added Zapdos, Jirachi and Diancie(along with its Mega Stone) to the game.
- Removed the second Oval Charm available as a gym reward.
- Added a new Ability called Slimy, its similar to fluffy but its weak to Water type moves instead.
- Made multiple changes to the followers code.
- Now Helioptile Family holds the Yellow Shards.
- Changed the Legendary Pokémon movesets.
- Some Legendaries now are available after you beat the league instead of having to catch Rayquaza to access to them.
- Now the Bike Mode should be available in options instead of having to press L twice to get the Acro Bike
- Spiky Eared Pichu is now the new Mystery Gift, its available at any moment.
- Revamped the Weather Institute and its NPC Dialogues.
- Reworked Randomized Mode to make it more random.
- Audino, Heliptile Family, Carvanha Family, Numel Family, Sunkern Family, Skitty Family, Meowth Family, Relicanth and Wailmer Family will now not be Randomized in that mode for easier grinding and for the Regi Puzzles.
- You can now see your random seed used in your save in the same area where you see the game version making it easier for devs to check your save for any bug.
- Decapped the text in the Gyms.
- Added a Warp in Tate & Liza gym that takes you to the Leaders after you defeat them.
- Fixed Most Soft resets.
- Now Damp reduces the damage from Fire Moves.
- A lot of little changes and fixes to some scripts.
- A lot of other things I probably forgot about.
- Now you can see the exact damage you did with each move in battle, this triggers a message telling you how many damage your Pokemon or your foe did with each move,
- this can be disabled in the options(Thanks Jas)
- Fixed Trading in MyBoy! (Thanks Erd)
- Fixed some text in the game(Thanks Maria)
- Dexnav will now use the Chain Level to generate hidden natures, held items and give the pokemon level boost since the Search level was removed
- Added a new Ability: Possessed, this ability gives the user the ghost type as a third type like when trick-or-treat is used against it
- Gave Possessed to Paras Family
- Gave a Signature move to Parasect
- Added a new Ability: Coiled Up, this ability makes the pokemon attack first if it used a biting move(only 1 time)
- Gave Coiled up to Seviper
- Arbok is now a Poison/Dark Type Pokemon
- Neutralizing Gas now works but with a catch, rather than working like in official games now it gives gastro acid effect to every pokemon on the field so some abilities will still work
- like those that activate when sent out, but the effect will still be active when the pokemon leaves the field unlike swsh
- Parental Bond now works but also has a catch, it hits the foe a second time and does the same damage as in the official games, but the second hit does not have a secondary effect, it
- does not get affected by iron barbs and just does plain damage(it also bypasses substitute)
- Reworked Rooted, Illuminate, Color Change, Magnetic Body and Battery so they don’t bug out in doubles
- Color change now gives the pokemon the type of the opponent rather than changing it, for example before this update if keckleon was sent out at the same time the foe was a gengar it became pure ghost type but after this keckleon becomes normal/ghost so it can use its STAB moves without worrying about the oponent while having lick(its signature move) as a second STAB no matter the second type
- Gave a Signature move to Zangoose and changed its movesets a little-Added a new mystery gift (Thanks Bee!)
Also Read: Pokemon Prism Rom
rioluwott, AsparagusEdu, Lunos, PokemonCrazy, ghoulslashns, TheXaman, surskitty, Diego Mertens, WiserVisor, Dizzyegg, Pyredrid, Buffelsaft, Sapphire Jester
- When will gen 9+ Mons/Husian Forms will come to the game?
Never, the game will NOT feature Pokemon that were introduced after the Pokemon Sword and Shield release.
- Where can I find [Evolution Stone]?
All the evolution items are sold in the Lilycove Dept after you get 4 badges.
- Are every Pokémon Available in this game?
Every Pokémon is available in some form with the exceptions of some Mythicals and Legendaries that are going to be added to the game in a future update.
- What is the Surprise Me Option in the starter selection?
It gives you any First Stage Pokémon randomly(the only exceptions are Mythicals and Legendaries).
- How can I evolve Pokémon that evolve by trade?
Go to the Name Rater house in Slateport, talk to the Tradeback Guy and chose the Pokémon you want to evolve.
- How many badges do I need to use the Egg Move Tutor or the TM Move Tutor on every Pokémon Center?
For the Egg Move Tutor you need 6 badges and for the TM Move Tutor you need 8.
- Can I change my Pokémon Abilities/Natures?
Yes, to change the ability of your Pokémon for the other normal Ability you need an Ability Capsule that can be bought in Oldale Town in the house behind the Pokémon Center, and for a Hidden ability you need an Ability Patch, you can get it in Pacifidlog Town in exchange for 1 Yellow Shard
- How does [Pokémon] Evolves
You can check the in-game Pokédex to see how the Pokémon Evolves and a lot of other useful information(Base Stats, Abilities, Movesets, Ev Yield, etc).
- What is the shiny rate in this game?
The Shiny Rate is the same as Vanilla emerald but if you want to shiny hunt, I highly recommend using the DexNav.
- What Mythicals/Legendaries are obtainable?
Articuno, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Entei, Ho-oh, Lugia, Registeel, Regice, Regirock, Latios, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Azelf, Heatran and Shaymin, Terrakion, Volcanion
- Why does my Pokémon won’t evolve after reaching the evolution criteria?
Check that you haven’t used an Exiolite on that specific Pokémon and the Pokémon isn’t holding an Eviolite as this game changed it to make it work similar to an everstone.
Also check that the Pokémon evolution is not different in this game since some of them were changed, check the in-game Pokedex for more
information, and make sure you are not in the “No-Evolution mode”
- How do I “update my game without losing progress”?
Go through the patching process again with a new clean version of the trashman rom, then rename your .sav so it has the same name.
- Will you add more Boxes in the future since the current number of boxes is not enough for a Living Dex?
No, I will not add more boxes at any point.
This is because the Game Boy Advance hardware(And all the GBA emulators) has a limit for the size of the save data that its already at its limit and since the Pokémon structure is really big it’s not possible to add any boxes since it would cause an overflow of data and the Box data would corrupt every Pokémon on your PC upon saving or loading your save file.
There is a tool called Pokémon ROWE Transfer Tool(available in the Patcher site) that should help you to backup your Pokémon as .pkm files so you can save them in your computer if you fill your boxes or you want to transfer them to any other save file.
- Why does every cry in the game sounds the same?
They were removed to make space for more stuff since the gba cartidge can only go up to 32mb, the cries use around 16mb so they were removed to make space for more features and content.
If you don’t want to hear the same cries you can disable them in the options by changing the “Use generic cry” option to off.
- Is [Specific Pokémon] shiny locked?
No, there are no shiny locked Pokemon only the starters because they have a set nature and always have the same personality